Miguel Proano was born in Colombia and spent part of his childhood in East Hartford after his family immigrated to the US. He later moved to Manchester where he started his first company as a young adult and currently owns two small businesses.
In 2017 Miguel moved to South Windsor with his wife of ten years, Nancy, and their six and eight year old daughters. They came to South Windsor in the hopes giving their family the opportunity for a solid education and a desire to be a part of this vibrant, ever growing community. Coming to South Windsor was a “dream come true for our family” and Miguel believes in the beautification and growth of our community while working aggressively to protect what makes this town beautiful.
As a small business owner, he understands the issues that face so many in the current environment and will advocate for a more business friendly government. He believes in a community where entrepreneurs can have the opportunity to develop and grow without constant red tape and over regulation.
Miguel’s dedication to community involvement brought him to join the SWRTC where he also serves in a number of committees. He pledges to work diligently for small business, entrepreneurs and public safety including the safety of our residents through the support of law enforcement and first responders. Miguel advocates for South Windsor’s exceptional and ever expanding educational system.
- Small Business Owner/ Restauranteur
- Senior Executive for an experiential marketing agency
- Operations Manager for a multi-national beverage company
- Director of Operations for a national restaurant chain
Citizenship in the Community
- Public Building Committee. South Windsor. 2021-Present
- Ambassador for the Variety Club of New England
- Volunteer for the March of Dimes
- Volunteer for the Wounded Warrior Project