Marek Kozikowski is resident of South Windsor for over 27 years. He was born and raised in South Windsor attending South Windsor public schools. He graduated South Windsor High School (’01) where he played football and lacrosse for the Bobcats. Marek and his wife Kristen lived in West Haven for 11 years but moved back to South Windsor in 2017 to raise their family where they still called home.
Marek and Kristen live on Clark Street with their four children. Their oldest daughter attends Timothy Edwards Middle School and the three younger children attend Orchard Hill School.
Marek is an avid runner, and has completed five marathons. He enjoys attending concerts, his daughters’ dance recitals and gymnastics meets, and watching the New England Patriots.
Marek brings over 20 years’ experience working in planning and development to the Town Council. Marek will advocate for sustainable development, providing new job opportunities, and stable grand list growth. Marek will advocate for protecting neighborhoods from overdevelopment while also protecting open space, providing opportunities for passive and active recreation, and supporting small businesses and agriculture in town. Marek strives for efficiency and transparency in government.
- Director of Land Use/City Planner. Middletown, CT
- Interim Town Manager. Berlin, CT
- Town Planner. Berlin, CT
- Senior Planner. Greenwich, CT
- Masters in Public Administration. University of Connecticut
- Master of Arts in Economics. University of Connecticut
- Bachelors of Arts in Economics and Geography. University of Connecticut
Citizenship in the Community
- Board of Education. South Windsor. 2019-Present
- Energy Committee. South Windsor. 2019-Present
- IWWC/CC Member Alternate Member. South Windsor 2018-2019.
- Executive Board. Connecticut Chapter of the American Planning Association. 2018-Present
- Member. Southern New England Planning Association Conference Committee. 2015-Present
- Co-Chair. 2020-Present
- Bottles for Ballet Bottle Drive. Rave Dance Team Booster Club. 2019-Present