Board of Education
Lisa Maneeley has resided in South Windsor since being a newlywed with her husband Craig in 1990. They share three children, who have been educated through graduation by the South Windsor School System (’10, ’12 & ’15). When her third child entered kindergarten, she began her “career” in politics on the Board of Education. It was a great fit for her as she had children at all levels including the elementary, middle and high school.
Lisa looks forward to her 32nd year as a math teacher. She began her teaching career in Manchester in 1989 and moved onto East Hartford Middle School in 2000. Over her tenure, she has seen many changes in curriculum, funding, and climate of schools. She finds meaning and purpose in the school experience.
Lisa’s political career, has taken her full circle. She was first elected to the Board of Education in 2003 and then transitioned to a seat on the Town Council in 2015. Having the desire to return to her roots, she desires to return to the Board of Education. She truly values and appreciates the importance of public education in the community. She understands that the Board of Education budget has the largest influence on the town budget and will bring a unique perspective on funding. She will work to ensure the Board maintains their great stewardship of town funds to provide the best education to all the students in the district.
- Math Teacher
- Math Teacher. East Hartford Middle School
- 6th year in Educational Leadership/Supervision. Central Connecticut State University
- Masters of Science in Education. Central Connecticut State University
- Bachelors of Science in Education. Central Connecticut State University
Citizenship in the Community
- Town Council. South Windsor. 2015-Present
- Many Associated Committees
- Board of Education. South Windsor. 2003-2015
- Teacher of the Year. East Hartford Public Schools. 2003
- Member. St. Francis of Assisi Council. 2005-2007