Adam Wood moved to South Windsor with his wife, Jenn, in 2016. They were drawn to South Windsor, finding it beautiful and the ideal place for them to start a family. As community centric couple they found a community that they could pour their hearts into. Adam currently serve on the Family Advisory Council at Connecticut Children’s Hospital and advocate for NICU families. Adam is also a published author, penning a heartwarming story for children born prematurely and families.
After retiring from military service in 2019 and after the birth of his son, Adam got more involved in the local community. He organized several “Back the Blue” events that supported local police officers during a time in which they need it the most. Adam believes that first responders, law enforcement, healthcare workers and military service members represent the best that America has to offer. These are people from all communities who have chosen to serve others rather than themselves. That is something that has always resonated with Adam to his core, and is the seed for his desire to serve the community on the Town Council.
Adam brings to the council the ability and will to listen, make the hard decisions, and unite citizens utilizing transparency in local government. He will empower law enforcement to hold criminals accountable for their actions. Adam will utilize his experience as a community and military leader to put South Windsor residents first. He looks forward to seeking ways to lower taxes, cut frivolous spending, support quality education, and keep the community safe.
- Communications Manager & Children’s Book Author
- Retired U.S. Army (Combat Tours in Afghanistan and Iraq).
- Hearing Impairment Communications Territory Manager
- Bachelors of Science in Business Administration. Post University
- Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice. Naugatuck Valley Community College
Citizenship in the Community
- Public Building Commission. South Windsor 2021-Present
- Member. American Legion Post 133. 2019-Present
- Nomination Committee. South Windsor RTC. 2021- Present
- Community Organizer for the Support of Law Enforcement
- Mentor for the Nutmeg Big Brothers and Big Sisters